Monday, July 30, 1984

I misplaced this journal so I haven't been able to write in it.  Since I last wrote we have had a Willis Reunion.  Roger, Geneva Horne and Rhonda Smith were in charge of it  It was really a nice affair.  It was held at the school down here and my family was all there except Jim, Shanna, and Rick Aceves (he is assistant manager at the Bayless store in Lakeside so was unable to make it.)

We pitched horseshoes, had races, had some "Dummer Olympic Games", had a program and of course lots of good food.  Geneva had a book printed about Clad and Eva Willis and their family.  It really is a nice book.

We have spent most of the summer in the valley helping Loye.  But since he is about through I didn't go back down with him.

Well Jared and Denise wants to postpone it as she has some more thinking to do.  I think Jared was pretty upset about it  I sure hope things work out for them  We have really been impressed with her, and I would feel real bad if they don't get together  It's too bad she don't realize what a good person Jared is.

Loye isn't here and I really miss him when he is gone.

Josh went back to the valley with Randy and Kay.

It's funny how kids never know until they get children of their own what an overwhelming responsibility it is to raise them, and I really never realized it until now.

The Olympics from Los Angeles are on and it is really interesting to watch all of these great athletes perform.  U.S.A has already won a bunch of Gold Medals.


No comments:

Post a Comment