Wednesday, October 26, 1983

Pres. Hancock called Loye and I to his office at the stake center.  Loye has been asked to be the High Councilman over the Special Interest and the Young Special Interest.  Since in this calling he needs his wife to be with him, I had to go to.  I hope I can be enthusiastic and do the things I need to do to make this experience a good one.  We didn't have school Tuesday or Friday (Parent teacher conference) so Friday we went camping.  Loye is working out at the Chevelon Ranger Station, so we went out there.  Loye and I, Jason, Cristina, Tara, and Candon all went.  We went to Chevelon out through Winslow.  That's the 1st time I have gone that way.  Jason had to show us the way.  After I passed the turn-off Jason kept telling me I would have to turn around and go back, but I thought I knew where I was going so we must have gone about 30 miles before (and I don't know why) I turned around and went back to the right turn-off.  We finally got out there about 1 pm.  We went down in the pinions and found a camp-site, then started picking up pinions.  Loye and Jared came down and set up camp, then Jared went home.  We picked up pinions until late then went to camp and fixed supper (biscuits, gravy with hamburger and fried potatoes and onions).  Tasted real good.  Then Cristina and Tara slept in the camper on the pick-up and Jason, Candon, Loye and I slept in the tent.  Candon wanted to know if we were sleeping on rocks.  Saturday we got up about 6 am and fixed some hot chocolate.  We then went out and picked-up more pinions (we must have got about 25#).  We came back to camp and scrambled some bacon and eggs, warmed up the left over biscuits and poured some nice cold pineapple juice and ate breakfast.  After eating we picked up more nuts until we were too tired to do more, so we went back to camp packed everything up then went to the Ranger Station where Loye is doing some remodeling on a house that had burned.  After we had been there for a while, Chan, Brent and Willie came up from Mesa to do some wiring on this house Loye is working on.  After about 2 hours they were through and ready to go home so they went back to the valley and we came on to good old Taylor Town where we all showered and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment