Thursday, August 21, 1986

Judy's birthday and I went to see her but she wasn't home.  After keeping the trailer company all day I finally drove over to Judy's where I was supposed to meet Loye, but Judy wasn't home so I drove on over to where Loye was working but he wasn't there either so I came on back to the trailer to wait.  Loye finally came about 8 O'clock and we went over to  "The Bonanza" and ate a steak.

I did write a poem for Neva's daughter Kristen to give at Deron's missionary farewell.

Maybe you wonder
Why I'm up here?
It's cause I'm Deron's only sister
But I'm filled with fear.

When I was born
Deron was 12 years old
And he was real happy
Or, so I'm told.

There were lots of folks
In Taylor he had to call
Aunts and Uncles and cousins
'N Grandpa and Grandma Hall.

I'll tell you a secret
If you will only listen
If Deron would've been a girl
His name would be Kristen.

If Deron had of been a girl
Not that I'm really care'n
And if I had been a boy
Would they have called me Deron?

For Deron 3 wheeling
Was really great
Sometimes he'd take me
I could hardly wait.

When we'd get back
We ate some of Deron's favorite food
Chocolate chip cookies, crunch-berries
Or Apple Jacks are good.

Every summer when
Deron wanted to roam
He would go to Taylor
His second home.

There he'd be happy
With Grandpa and Grandma Hall
He worked hard all day
And in the evening he'd play ball.

While you are gone Deron
You can't baptize me!
If you baptized some one else
How happy I'll be.

When you come home again
Everything will be fine
I won't be so little
I'll be older - I'll be nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment