Wednesday, May 4, 1983

Today was bean day at school.  We soak the beans over night in a steam kettle then all we have to do is turn them on.  The cooks, however, didn't eat beans.  Kate decided to fix us a treat and that is exactly what she did.  We ate the best green chile burros and hot tortilla chips dipped into a salsa avocado dip she had made and it was just plain good.  

When I sent home, Mom came over and brought some parched corn she had made, so we sat and ate it and visited with Liza and admired my Grand kids who are such cute kids.

Mom even said she felt better which sure sounded good to me.  Mom is so much fun to be with when she is feeling good.  

In the evening I went over to watch Jason play little league, they were just practicing so I didn't stay very long.  I came home and spouted off at my boys cause Josh didn't want to go to the Temple excursion to do baptisms and I would so love to have him get some spiritual experiences, and then Jared and Roger upset me, but Jared is such a calming influence, this isn't the first time he has calmed me down.  He is such a sweet boy.  I'm thankful the Lord sent him to our home.  We all love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment