Sunday, May 1, 1983

May Day and it has been cold and windy all day.  Also it has been fast Sunday.

Our Meetings begin at 8:30 a.m. with church being first.  It was really a nice meeting with the 2 babies being blessed.  My dear friend Shirley Knight was here to see her grand daughter recieve her name.  I was so glad to see her, that I started crying and I just couldn't get a hold of myself until after Sunday School had started.  She has had some problems to cope with , but she has never mentioned them to me.  But I think it has taken toll on her.

Some very good testimonies were born and it was a good church.  Russ Crossman said he told the Lord that he felt so bad last month for not bearing his testimony, that if he would just let him live one more month he would do the job this month and the Lord spared him.  Jared got up and said since it was near Mother's Day he wanted to tell his Mother that he loved her.  No wonder I'm glad to have him home he's such a sweet boy.

Liza had invited us to eat dinner with them today, and it was really good.  We had turkey, dressing, green beans, bread and butter and strawberry shortcake.  We enjoyed it all.

Roger, Cathy, Mark, Liza and kids came over to visit in the afternoon.

Our new neighbors the Giles' moved into the Olson home and Sister Giles gave the Relief Society lesson.  She was certainly a spiritual teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment